Sunday, May 9, 2010

Bagel Love (Not cooking, Just eating....so far...but still under the category of food for our food blog!)

One thing Nicoletta helped me remember is that you should always, no matter how deep in your comfort zone you might be, always try something that someone you trust says is good. After walking around hungry for awhile, and (me) whining copiously about it, we drew close to Pike Place. I was all set for a bbq pork humbow, but Nicoletta insisted on finding some weird bagel place. I thought maybe she'd imagined it at first, since we couldn't find it for a while, but finally, from across the street, there it was: Market Bagels.





Usually I'm pretty ridiculously simple about bagels: give me only cream cheese, nothing else, and they have to be perfectly toasted, and they can't be stupid disgusting raisin bagels, or sesame bagels (seeds FALL EVERYWHERE) or poppyseed bagels (ditto), and they have to have regular, plain cream cheese, not fricking strawberry cream cheese, blueberry cream cheese, salmon cream cheese, and the cream cheese can NOT be fat free.  Anything else and even if I feel starving, I will not eat it.  I will tell people I'm allergic.  I'm pretty lame.  So Nicoletta and I decided to share a bagel, and she chose a cream cheese and lox and capers and onion for the bagel.  And.  It.  Was.  Amazingly delicious.


Big buttery chunks of Seattle smoked salmon, smooth rich cream cheese, with salty, happy little capers scattered around inside, on a pesto bagel.  Yummmmm.

Hearty enjoyment.


Leaving with good food memories.


Also, I think it should be said that there was lovely scenery to see if you sit at this bar by the window and people watch.  Charming, no?



Ooh, and on our way back home we stopped by the Pike Place comic book store (I wanna say it's called Golden Age Collectibles?) and picked up some hot guys, so I'd say it was, all around, a very successful day.




Man, they're almost as delicious as those bagels were.






0 comments:

Post a Comment